WATCH Makeup Tips for Everyday Beauty Video- Impromptu Madness with Sharon Haver and Brad Boles, Episode 30:
Although, you could drown in a pool of eye makeup remover before you can get him to do your face these days, Brad started out as a sought after makeup artist.
Sharon picked up a thing or two in dressing rooms while she was a stylist, and years of being a fashion and beauty editor, but owes her “basic face” to makeup tips that she learned when she was a teenager at a model search event, and still applies those basic tips to her makeup today!
>> MORE: Impromptu Madness with Sharon Haver & Brad Boles
Here’s some everyday beauty advice from the video- you’ll have to watch for more:
- Know your skin tone.
- Understand your face and its contours. Sharon still uses tips that she learned from makeup artist Vincent Nasso at a teen model search event.
- Face should match the color of your hand to be both natural and neutral.
- Avoid crazy long “reality star” spiderweb eyelashes.
- Apply a more “normal” lash lengthening mascara and let it dry between coats to avoid clumps.
- Get your foundation right and choose a dewy, not matte base.
- Use a natural foundation that blends into your skin color without any demarcation. Brad like Prescriptives and Neutrigina for their ability to help you select the right color on your own. Sharon uses Shiseido Advanced Hydro-Liquid SPF 15 Compact .
- Choose your focal points to spotlight. Play up EITHER lips or eyes for day, not both.
- When you have a dark tan, your skin color then becomes a focal point. Don’t overdue heavy makeup with a deep fake tan.
- Apply blush to the apple of your cheeks, bring it up a bit to your temples, and dust your nose and chin lightly.
- If you use a bronzing powder, use the same application as blush.
- Use a very large “kabuki brush” to dust with a very light powder to set makeup.
- For a natural dewy finish, Sharon sprays NAPCA— an old trick that she learned from Brad years ago– to further set makeup and create a fresh finish.
- Don’t forget bright teeth with some White Strips and well-groomed eyebrows. Sharon uses M·A·C Eye Brows and some great Cle de Peau concealer.
Sharon is wearing a Donna Karan collection sweater and Y-3 vest, her own of course!
>> Watch more Impromptu Madness with Sharon Haver & Brad Boles