Red Carpet Hairstyle How-To: To balance all the full dresses, a simple and elegant pulled-back chignon bun is order
Harry Josh, John Frieda International Creative Consultant, worked his hairstyling magic to create a chic and modern Oscar hairstyle for Amanda Seyfried
Here’s an Oscar hairstyle tip that you steal from the red carpet into your everyday Spring hair repertoire. What with all the full skirt silhouettes and retro-feminine silhouettes hair worn long and down or piled on top in a high updo just won’t work. You need a simple chic pulled back do that still has a shape to be in balance with a full skirt.
That’s what Amanda Seyfried needed to compliment her Giorgio Armani Privé soft green silk strapless gown with its Swarovski crystal encrusted structured and geometric bustier and full skirt.
Harry Josh, the John Frieda International Creative Consultant, shares his styling secrets for you to get Oscar presenter Amanda Seyfried’s simple chic hairstyle.
"The look was flat, clean and sleek, so it was important to start the fight against frizz early so that Amanda’s hair would be silky, shiny and totally manageable,” says Harry.
Prep hair with a frizz-fighting forumula shampoo and conditioner like Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner.
- To achieve the sleek, flattened shape, Harry applied the new Root Awakening Strength Restoring Gel to the roots.
- Using a tail comb instead of a round brush to avoid lift, Harry blew the hair out, combing it flat to the head as he dried.
- Harry then used the Sheer Blonde Crystal Clear Shape & Shimmer Hairspray section by section to hold the style.
Hairstyle Tip: Harry says, “Amanda has such beautiful naturally blonde hair that I wanted to ensure it looked its best all night and didn’t photograph dark – which some finishing sprays can cause. By using a light hairspray you avoid adding residue or darkening the blonde hair.”
- Harry finished by creating an extreme, slick side part and pulling Amanda’s hair back into a bun.
- He left a little bit of the bun sticking out in a fan, a last minute decision he made to reflect the pattern on Amanda’s earrings.
Related Oscar Red Carpet Fashion & Beauty:
Photo, this page only, Giorgio Armani