I’ll Have What She’s Having: An otherwise sophisticated special occasion up do that rocks out in modern color!
Katy Perry has that rare knack to take something so juvenile and transform it into something chic, elegant and very grown up without looking old. Just as she did with blue Smurf hair, but this time with vibrant pink hair color.
At last night’s American Music Awards, Katy walked the red carpet in an elegant, yet very “done,” up do hair style. What livened it up was it’s vivid color and feminine splash of a Vivienne Westwood floral hair accessory. It’s a timeless look that you may want to try for your next holiday party… whether it be as a brunette, blonde, redhead or Jordan Almond colored pop princess pink.
Inspiration: A very sculpted, modern take on a French twist. Frederic Fekkai celebrity hair stylist Renato Campora was inspired for this look after seeing Katy’s red carpet dress. The look was elegant and sophisticated but also innovative.
How to get the look:
- Apply Fekkai Coiff Bouffant Lifting & Texturizing Spray Gel to wet hair in order to give it a firm base.
- Blow-dry hair while brushing it through with a flat brush.
- Use a one-inch curling iron throughout the hair to create body while giving it a sturdy foundation.
- Heavily tease the hair.
- To create the final up-do, push the front of the hair forward and wrap the rest into a French twist, securing it with hairpins.
- Secure the look by spraying the hair with Fekkai Coiff Sheer Hold Hairspray.
To complete the look, Renato added an accessory made by Vivienne Westwood by weaving it into the hair with his fingers.
Photos: focusonstyle.onsugar and Frederic Fekkai