Looking for a chic ladylike look to salute Labor Day weekend and one of the last weekends of summer with while making a transitional statement in style? Go ahead, make the season’s last hoorah a call for glamour, have fun with it!
We suggest taking inspiration from actress Guei Lun-Mei who in Jil Sander Fall 2012 at the Taipei Film Festival Awards exuded a retro elegance that was alluring, unexpectedly modern yet sublime. While on-trend to boot.
And with the end of summer beginning to approach, think about spoiling yourself this upcoming holiday weekend with a dress that is celebratory of the ladylike mandate for the season ahead. One that’s certain to have many admirer’s while keeping you looking your best.
As you may recall, the navy cut-out number Lun-Mei wore from Raf Simons final collection for Jil Sander was one of our top picks from the Milan collections. A respective nod to American sophistication via a 50’s neckline and silhouette juxtaposed with a sculptural cut-out bodice made it a modern standout amidst similar nods to the era circulating throughout the season.
Take note for finding that smart, transitional weather dress:
- When considering a ladylike dress that’s luxe yet practical, look for mid-weight fabrics as they’ll work layered with jackets and cardigans come fall’s cooler temperatures
- Stick to a classic, darker hue as you’ll gain more potential for a re-wear for the months ahead
- Although there are a robust assortment of printed options available, Lun-Mei’s number lets the eye focus on the dress’ shape -making it all the more dramatic
- Keep in mind that cut-outs wherever on the garment they may be, work as an ingenious way to highlight parts of the body while boasting ventilation just as the temperature starts to become unsteady
- For an ageless approach to cut-outs, again, Lun-Mei’s dress stands out as it evokes a sense of authority for the wearer
Get the trend with cut-out options available now:Published on August 30, 2012