I’ll Have What She’s Having: Face flattering eyeglass shapes & hairstyle tips from Frederic Fekkai
It constantly amazes me how some women never bother to update their eyeglasses. It’s one one of the easiest style fixes you can do to take years off your apearance to look modern and up-to-date.
Case in point: Anne Hathaway sporting super chic eyeglasses on the red carpet, or in this case, blue carpet!
Forget about those dated sliver glasses, or dowdy “frameless” eyeglasses, or even super geek four-eye frames… none do anything for your style!
But what does do something positive for your personal style are a pair of contemporary shaped frames that flatter your face. What is modern are glasses that are slightly on the large side so there is no mistaking that you are wearing them.
Those frameless or wire rim glasses do nothing to obscure the fact that you are wearing glasses and just make you look dated and dowdy. Don’t hide your glasses, be proud that you look so darn hot in them!
>> READ: Eyeglass Secrets to Look Beautiful
As eyeglasses are part of your overall look, keep the rest of your beauty in harmony. Notice that Anne’s makeup is natural, but eyes are emphasized with dark liner so they pop behind her tortoise frames.
Her hair is pushed back in a purposely undone, not to interfere with her eyeglasses and still look pretty and modern.
We’ve got the 411 on how to get Anne Hathaway‘s hairstyle…
Hair stylist Adir Abergel of Frederic Fekkai created a sexy, piecey ponytail as a modern spin on a classic 1960’s hairstyle. The look compliments Anne’s Gucci sheath that references the same era.
TIPS TO GET ANNE HATHAWAY’S HAIRSTYLE:
- Apply a volumizer like Fekkai Advanced Full Blown VolumeStyling Whip throughout the hair.
- Roughly blow dry hair with hands to bring out the hairs natural texture.
- With a round brush, blow dry the rest of the hair straight, so that the hair is smooth and soft.
- Curl hair using a 1 1 inch curling iron and apply Fekkai Coiff Oceanique Tousled Wave Spray, scrunching the hair with a diffuser to create the texture that would last through the night.
- Follow the line of the ear to the crown of the head to place the ponytail, leaving a few pieces fall in front.
To secure the look, apply hairspray.
SHOP: Super chic and grown-up glam eyeglasses:
Photo:Glenn Harris/PR Photos