I’ll Have What She’s Having: Nothing beats a good T-shirt for comfy, casual every day style!
Umm, I don’t know about you, but I spend a good chunk of my time wearing T-Shirts. They’re the kind of easy casual chic items that can be comfy wearing while I zone out writing (yes, there’s a zone) and then throw a jacket over and maybe a pair of heels and instantly look pulled together.
But maybe it’s not a heels day but a running around doing errands day. The pulled together part is still what’s KEY.
It’s the difference from looking like you’ve got it going on to looking like you got dressed in the dark (even if you did).
Let’s take a look at Selma Blair in Three Dots. It’s casual chic the way so many of us dress everyday, from moms with youngins to those, like me, who work at home. Or, even on a day when you’re looking for polished enough weekend garb. It’s simple, extremely easy and VERY pulled together for masterful laid back casual style.
What makes Selma’s casual chic look work:
- Her adorable red stripe T-shirt gets an extra bit of interest by way of layering a white tank underneath, which, is just about as easy as you can get. And comfortable to boot.
- No rubber flip-flops here, but bright red ballets flats, like these suede ones from Repetto, with a more “dressed up” feel (than even a foldable flat) add extra easy polish to her look.
- Dark boyfriend jeans, like these, are high on comfort and boast the ease to be rolled at the cuff- there’s a certain something about seeing abit of ankle that keeps looking less stuffy. I’m also a fan of darker wash jeans, like these.
What do you think? Will you try this the next time you skoot out for groceries?
- What to wear when you work from home & no one really sees you
- Another fan of red ballet flats: Christina Aguliera! How to wear it story here.
- More Casual Chic
Photo: Three Dots