The menswear influence in fashion could not be any stronger than when wearing a paint suit.
We’re giddy with enthusiasm ’cause we can’t even believe that this is Episode 25, of our Impromptu Madness video series!
Twenty-five episodes goes sooo quickly.
We promise to bring you more fashion advice, more beauty tips (well, bug Brad on that one), more style how-to’s, and more of our special breed of kookiness to help you make your world gorgeous. From interiors to fashion, and a whole lot of dish in between, we’re here to help you have FUN with style.
YES, you can look very modern in a pantsuit, here’s how…
WATCH: How to Wear A Pantsuit. Impromptu Madness w/ Sharon Haver & Brad Boles, Episode 25
Watch more Impromptu Madness with Sharon & Brad
We’ve seen the chic pant suit go away, but the classic to-die-for Yves Saint Laurent smoking jacket pant suit will endure as a timeless staple, and that man-tailored look is right in fashion.
Video talking points:
You can mix up jacket and pant separates as a pantsuit but the NEW paint suit looks more modern when it’s unmatched.
- Sharon prefers pant suits that are more man-tailored rather than super feminine ones that look aging.
- A woman in simple mens suit with high heels is very sexy to play up the mansuline/feminine yin and yang.
- Avoid very done up hair with menswear looks.
- When you wear sexy power suits, you need to wear a heel to avoid looking frumpy.
- A suit jacket with a matching or very bold vest and men’s pants is great.
- Classic tailored shirts, worn a bit open.
- Always rough up the feminine and sweeten up the tough!
Sharon is wearing a Rag and Bone jacket, Dolce & Gabanna shirt, and a vintage Yves Saint Laurent scarf, her own of course.
Sharon Haver is the founder and editor in chief of FocusOnStyle.com. Brad Boles is the editor at large and also a reappearing cast member and Jill Zarin‘s gay husband on The Real Housewives of New York City.
We pulled some pant suits to think about: