Backstage Beauty Notes: Update your look with an easy to manage, natural looking ponytail for when you’re on the go or looking for a cool alternative to stick straight hair that’s full of texture and subtle volume.
TRESemmé Stylist Jeanie Syfu created a wearable messy ponytail for the Tracy Reese Fall 2012 Fashion Show to mimic the effortless style of the clothing.
Overall Look: Windblown bed-head messy ponytail with side-swept bangs, height at the crown and a matte finish
Inspiration: The natural street look of the clothing inspired an effortless hairstyle
Six easy steps to make the look work for you:
- Start by applying TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Root Boost Spray and TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse (use TRESemmé Flawless Curls Spray Gel for curly hair) throughout the hair and power dry with fingers for texture. Back comb roots from below crown to top of head for texture, lightly spray with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray
- Take random sections and create a reverse curl with a 1 ¼” barrel curling iron leaving ends straight. Spray lightly with TRESemmé Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo for a matte finish.
- Take a tear drop section from part down to nape and fasten at nape into a low ponytail.
- Loosely take remaining hair, twist both sides back and fasten with hairpins into a ponytail. Wrap the base of the ponytail with hair.
- Leave a few loose strands to frame the face, tucking hair loosely behind ears for a casual finish.