We love the way Adele keeps it real and true to herself on the red carpet. We also love the way drugstore hair products were used to create her Bond girl hair at the Oscars.
>>CHECK OUT: Oscars 2013 Red Carpet Arrivals… as it happens
Hairstylist Michael Ashton created Adele’s red carpet hairstyle using drug store products from John Frieda.
Here’s the hairstyle how-to for you to try at home:
- Towel dry wet hair, removing excess moisture before working through Luxurious Volume Fine to Full Blow-Out Spray on mid-lengths and ends.
- Flip hair over with your head between your knees, blasting hot air down the hair shaft for instant lift at the roots and thickness through the rest of the hair.
>> Related: Celebrity Spanx moments…we’re spilling the sucking in beans on what stars wear what shapewear. Hint: Adele is on the list.
- When hair is about 80% dry, flip your hair back over and take large sections, smoothing them with a medium sized round brush. Pay particular attention to the ends to ensure they are bouncy and luscious.
>>MORE from the Oscars
- Section the hair into quarters and apply a medium-large curling iron to each section to achieve a contemporary and feminine texture. Next set in hot rollers. Once cool, carefully brush through hair with a natural bristle brush.
- Continue for the remaining three sections, ensuring that as you have finished curling each section you pin it in a barrel curl using a sectioning clip while it cools and sets.
- After 5-10 minutes, remove the sectioning clips, gently tousle hair. Pull half of the hair back and tease at the crown, securing pieces together in the back of the head. Leave down two small sections of hair to frame the face. Mist Luxurious Volume All-Day Hold Hairspray for a long-lasting finish.
>>MORE: Red Carpet