If you’re craving young & fresh romantic hair for a special event or even your wedding day, get some flowery hair inspiration from the Dolce & Gabbana runway.
Redken Creative Consultant Guido delivered, as one might expect from Dolce & Gabbana, classically beautiful hair. The style was ultra-feminine, with a soft braided updo pinned with gold coins, flowers and other equally ornate hair accessories, specially selected by the designers. While the hair was not adorned uniformly, the overall Romanesque look was exquisite.
“The girls always look ultra-beautiful for Dolce & Gabanna. Keeping with the brand’s Italian heritage, I found myself drawing inspiration from classic Italian cinema. Fellini’s work was definitely an inspiration for this season. The soft braided updo with the delicate hair accessories is very old world and romantic. Overall, the style is soft, pretty and classically beautiful. It is also flattering on most women, which is wonderful, since women tend to be drawn to the Dolce & Gabanna look each season.”
Go ahead try it for yourself come wedding season or your next night out with these expert tips from stylist Guido:
- Apply Redkin guts 10 root targeted volume spray foam to damp hair
- Blow dry with a diffuser using fingers to give a little volume on the hairline
- Use a ½ inch curling iron and curl entire hairline to give movement and volume to the hair
- Apply Redkin powder refresh 01 aerosol hair powder/dry shampoo
- Separate curls with fingers
- Make a natural center in first 2″, pulling the rest loosely towards the nape
- Pin at occipital to keep in place
- Gather remaining hair and loosely braid
- Twist into flat chignon and pin
- Soften hairline by loosening a little with your fingers
- Add head jewelry
>> MORE: Hairstyle How-To’s