I’ll Have What She’s Having: Easy, breezy summer animal prints that don’t wear you
I’ve always been a fan of wearing animal prints, be it leopard, chetah, zebra, or some amalgamated whozeewhat animal pattern.
The thing is that when wearing something as bold, and often daring, as an animal print, if you don’t style it correctly, you can look like the crazy cat lady rather than exotically chic.
>> SHOP: Animal Prints
We all know that Sarah Jessica Parker can be a risk-taker when it comes to her style and Dolce & Gabbana is known for their signature leopard prints. Put the two together, and here you have a very stunning, surprisingly simple and elgant take on walking on the wild side.
>> Did you watch my Impromptu Madness How to Wear Animal Print Video with Brad Boles?
This is how SJP got it right…
- First off, this Dolce & Gabbana leopard print has a snow leopard light background that makes it far more summery than the usual black or brown background.
- The featherlight and drapey chiffon fabric adds an elegant and feminine softer touch.
Fashion Tip: When wearing a bold pattern, let that be the focal point to your outfit and play down everything else.
- A light beige obi-esque belt keeps it light and shapely, and also adds structure to avoid the common problem of a maxi dress looking like a nightgown.
- SJP’s simple French Chic messy chignon and delicate earrings neither compete with the dress print or shoulder embellishment.
- Her medium tan is natural looking, and not of the airbrushed, fake & orange reality star variety.
- Smokey eyes and soft gloss lips are in balance with the print.
- The flounced hem is just gorgeous in combination with the one-shoulder detail.
Don’t forget to look at our Animal Prints Shopping Guide & also consider some of these leopard looks:
Photo credit: Diane Sobolewski; courtesy of Dolce & Gabbana