Stylish Office Wardrobe, YES, that can happen! With the end of summer and back-to-school time coming around, step up this season with an advance on style to look your best at the office as we’ll be spending the next few days considering top, attainable options to get you ready
If you’ve been reading FoS, by now you may have scored a series of in-the-know notes on how to look chic any time with any budget, and with a quick visit to Macy’s, (and, there’s a Labor Day SALE too!) your work wardrobe is soon to be revitalized.
From essential tailoring to on-trend dresses chic enough for cocktail hour to versatile separates that look au currant, the retailer’s ‘Wear What Works’ initiative is a round-up of essentials priced at $100 and under.
>> Going on the road? Read: Alison Levine’s Expert Packing Tips for Exploring Style
With digital prints, timeless neutrals and shots of radiant color in the mix, cheap (ahem, cheaper) 9-5 necessities never looked so chic.
>>NEED HELP SHOPPING? We’ve made it easier for you with our Online Shopping Guides
And with a pit stop to Macy’s.com, you’re also set to take in styling cues with inspirational images that will having you reworking pieces from your current wardrobe with trend reports that are right on the mark.
A few simple suggestions to get you going:
- As the blazer work as a uniform mainstay, especially when paired to balance out the season’s omnipresent printed tops and graphic knits, look for clean lines in classic colors. Pair a shorter blazer with high-waisted or wide-leg pieces and go for tunic-lengths when working with skinny bottoms or fitted pants.
- With pants taking center stage over the past few seasons, its currently safe to say that almost every variety is in style.
- From wide-leg to cropped, go for pieces you’ll get the most mileage from as like a blazer, you’ll most likely need to get more wear from pants than blouses & tops.
- From a-line to skinny maxi’s, just like pants, you can now get away with wearing just about any skirt, just make sure that the design is fuss-free and more on the classic side to get the most use you can.
- When considering blouses and tops, go for bold with bright hues and indulgent prints to keep on par with ready-to-wear trends of the season and to add personality to your career wardrobe. But be sure that those pieces look fresh as they will be the item that keeps your outfit looking current.
- From sheaths to peplum laden numbers, look for dresses that are classic in silhouette with details and quirks that keep them modern.
- When looking to add accessories, the sky’s the limit, just be sure to keep in mind that accessories should look the most polished of the lot as they will make anything look more deluxe instantly.