More predictable than weather forecasting, fashion trends are predicted by way of referencing inspiration. While we are (maybe, slowly) planning our fall wardrobes, designers are thinking way ahead.
Take a look at what trend forecaster Stylesight predicts as the Four Megatrends for Spring/Summer 2015.[signupboxtwo]Join me to get your gorgeous on![/signupboxtwo]
Within the all-encompassing themes of the Core, Memory, Harmony & Imprint are these 10 fashion trends that you might want to put into your style sub-conscious now:
- Broad Leisure Stripes- an extension of colorblocking
- Varsity – an updated feel of what has been around for a few seasons
- Summer Tailoring- specifically more feminine colors in menswear. Hello Miami Vice.
- Seersucker Stripes- A return to an old classic. Watch Meryl Streep in Sophie’s Choice (1982) & her language mishap that is forever engraved into my memory:
- Ordinary Simplicity- reworking traditional fabrics like gingham and deck chair stripes
- Future Abstraction- square & diamond shape museum-worthy pop prints
- Vegetal Growth- lush shades of evergreen summers
- Black & White– alone or in combination with soft shades like petal pink and pastel blue
- Larger than Life- oversized graphic photographic prints in noisy colors
- Neoprene- wet suit inspiration for land lovers