It can take a lot of the right makeup to look better than natural on camera. One of my favorite pitstops to see what makeup artist pros use in their kits is The Makeup Show by The Powder Group trade show for beauty gurus.
These may not be makeup brands that you see advertised in the pages of magazines, but are the brands used on many the models.
Take a peek at some of my Top 10 latest and tried and true pro makeup goodies from The Makeup Show and consider adding some to your personal makeup kit.
What I couldn’t resist picking up at The Makeup Show:
1) Kryolan Dermacolor Mini 16-Shade Concealer Palette- Is a staple in many a makeup artist kit for mixing and matching the perfect shade and dimension of undereye concealer. I like the one with pink undertones from Alcone and couldn’t resist picking a palette at The Makeup Show. Check our more Kryolan pro products on Amazon.
2) The Kevyn Aucoin booth is one of my favorites. Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer Foundation will conceal the most wretched dark under eye circles, like mine. I like the shade SX 09 with the peachy undertone the best. You can get it online at Barney’s here.
3) Also from Kevin Aucoin is The Creamy Glow -in Tresbelle- as a rich pigment, dewy blush that stays on. You can find that at Nordstrom
4) Skindinavia 10 Years Younger Makeup Finish– You know that I’ve used this makeup finish spray that sets your makeup with a natural glow,and love it for long hauls, so I couldn’t resist picking up another one. Available at beauty.com
>> MORE: Beauty Tips & Tricks
Noteworthy from The Makeup Show bag:
5) Embryolisse Vitivia Pro: Vitamin A15 (Retinol at 0.15%) – Embryolisse products are a secret weapon for makeup artists when they need to refresh the skin of models who arrive on the set looking like they had too much fun the night before. Vitivia Pro: Vitamin A15 is the topical vitamin to help naturally increase the skin’s cell turnover rate, refine pores, smooth lines, aging, and reduces skin inflammations all in an orange capsule. Get at embryolisseusa.com and amazon.
6) i Envy by Kiss premium human hair false eyelashes- from better than natural to Kardashian Krazy long, if you apply strip eyelashes correctly, your eyes will pop in photos, videos, or a fab night out. Get them at amazon and watch the video on how to apply false eyelashes here:
7) Solar Protection Formula Tizo3 Protection Facial Mineral Fusion Spf40- Sunscreen that doesn’t feel like sunscreen! A very water-resistant, facial mineral fusion of Titanium, Iron and Zinc Oxides formulated to yield sheer protection with a silky, smooth, matte finish. You can get it at amazon.
8) Glamcor Ultra Sheer Skin Brightener– use alone or with your favorite foundation to illuminate face and body, because a soft, natural glow is always pretty. Infused with cucumber extract for soothing and anti inflammatory benefits. Get at glamcor.com
9) Crown Pro Blending Brush because the final swipe to make it all look perfect is essential to a finished face. Get at CrownBrush.us
10) LaVaque Professional Classic Slanted Tweezers because a stray hair is a beautiful think to pluck away! Pro precision to easily lift the hair, while hand-filed tips provide an excellent grip. They have a “Lifetime Guarantee: You Break ‘em, You Dull ‘em, We Replace’em.” Available at Folica.com
Okay, here’s what makeup artist pros use, but what’s in your makeup bag? Please share your favorite beauty finds in the comment section below.
Lead Photo: FocusOnStyle.com; others The Makeup Show