Get the high glam mystery of femme fatal sirens of film noir as gorgeous retro waves are a runway hair hit next Spring.
DON’T WAIT for daisies to start to bloom. Take a cue from Zac Posen’s elegant Spring 2013 runway this season as John Frieda and Luigi Murenu offer up expert hairstyling tips to help you get your glam on NOW…
>> MORE: Runway Beauty
We have the styling tips to help you get the vintage glam hair styles now!
Get excited with these modern takes on Veronica Lake hair inspiration photos and how-to’s….
Fresh off the runways of Zac Posen’s Spring 2013 Collection comes a romantic option inspired by the sophistication and timeless elegance of fashion icon Veronica Lake, and her old-school silver-screen glamor.
The Hair Look:
In order to enhance the richness of the color, John Frieda Global Creative Consultant Luigi Murenu melded two looks into one – creating a graphic style in the front and a soft wave in the back. Drawing inspiration from polished wood, Murenu described the look as “chic, elegant and timeless.”
>> RELATED: Bridal Makeup Tips to Look Timeless
Harry Josh of John Frieda’s Backstage Tip: “The moment before the show begins is filled with nervous energy – then the music starts, the lights beam down and all eyes are on the first model. The last thing anyone wants to see is dull, washed-out colour. Apply Precision Foam Colour 24 hours before your big debut to get salon-quality richness and shine that will make you the center of attention.”
Get the Look- How Luigi Murenu Styled These Hairstyles:
- Step 1: To keep the crown frizz-free, apply a dime-sized amount of hair serum, smoothing hair downward from the top of the head to below the ear.
- Step 2: Next apply Frizz-Ease Curl Reviver Styling Mousse evenly through hair and brush to uniformly distribute product.
- Step 3: Create a severe middle part and blow dry completely, brushing hair back and away from the face to make the hair at the crown flat and smooth.
- Step 4: With a 1” curling iron, create a wave by wrapping small sections of hair twice around the barrel. Make sure to stop before reaching the nape of the neck in order to keep the crown flat. Brush hair out to create one uniform wave.
- Step 5: Follow with hairspray to keep style in place.
Explore the world of John Frida Frizz-Ease Products:
Runway Photos: John Frida