The British Fashion Council is what one would say is the CFDA of England.
The annual British Fashion Awards yesterday had some pretty keen picks as winners:
- Sarah Burton of Royal Wedding fame, for Alexander McQueen won Designer of the Year (video below jump)
- Victoria Beckham won the Designer Brand Award (video below jump)
- Alexa Chung won the British Style Award
- Christopher Kane won the New Establishment Award while Sam Gainsbury of Gainsbury and Whiting won the Isabella Blow Award for Fashion Creator
- Stella McCartney won the Red Carpet Award
Watch Sarah Burton’s acceptance speech for Alexander McQueen as she won Designer of the Year at the British Fashion Awards:
Alexander McQueen in stock now:
“I am absolutely thrilled to have won the Designer Brand Award. To be recognised in this way in the company of Stella, Tom and Burberry was overwhelming. This is an award not just for me, but for Simon Fuller and my team who work with such passion and dedication with me, ” says Victoria Beckham.
Watch Victoria Beckham’s Designer Brand Award acceptance speech:
Victoria Beckham in stock now: