Animal prints can have a fabulously downtown cool edge, like our street style ladies and their leopard pants from London Fashion Week, yet too much fierceness may get out of hand for work. But not always, especially if you follow the super chic cues from these two sophisticated ladies, above, snapped at Paris Fashion Week. Either like the red Balenciaga print, left, or the more classic, big cheetah, pictured right, choose your style weapons and work it!
When you want to wear a business chic & age-appropriate animal print skirt, consider:
- Opt for clean and classic structured pieces to compliment the busy print. Like a simple blazer, cardigan, or even double coat as the stylish women above have.
- Black is the perfect add-on color as it doesn’t compete with the animal print.
- Very opaque black tights black on top and lets the skirt stand on its own.
- Black shoes with interesting details, like the metallic capped toe, or ankle wrap, create a long and chic leg line.
- Keep your skirt to a more refined knee length and opt for a straight style to keep to a modern, non-fussy line.
- Jewelry and accessories are well-chosen, kept to a minimum as the accent is on the print.
- Undone simple hair and a swipe of red lipstick to finish.
Voilà, business clothes should never be boring and you’ve mastered some fierce zing!
Required Reading for Instant French Chic:
- Join my FREE newsletter and download “Passport to French Chic,” now!
- The French Chic at a Certain Age Series
- French Chic Fashion Tips
- How to Dress French When You Are Not
- The French Chic Formula for Everyday Style a la Emmanuelle Alt
- French Chic Style
- Paris Street Style– How to wear IT!
- Cannes Do Chic Series
- French Chic Shoe Lesson 101: Red shoes pops a simple LBD, a la Berenice Bejo
- More French Chic posts
Paris Fashion Week Street Style Photos: Frances J Davison