I’m not always a fan of “big” dresses, and glittery shoes typically look a few seasons back for me. But put it altogether on Marion Cotillard and the result is sublime.
Styled by the wrong hands, a plisse pleated dress like this can be overwhelming. But the simplicity and ease of Cotillard’s hair, makeup, and confidence make this Dior Haute Couture look stellar.
Another lesson learned in that it’s not what you wear but how you wear it.
More from the best of Cannes Do Chic series to help you get it together with ease.
Click for more that’s pretty and plisse:
Required Reading for Instant French Chic:
- Join my FREE newsletter and download “Passport to French Chic,” now!
- The French Chic at a Certain Age Series
- French Chic Fashion Tips
- How to Dress French When You Are Not
- The French Chic Formula for Everyday Style a la Emmanuelle Alt
- French Chic Style
- Cannes Do Chic Series
- French Chic Shoe Lesson 101: Red shoes pops a simple LBD, a la Berenice Bejo
- More French Chic posts
>> MORE: How to Wear It posts