Looking at an overcrowded jewelry box from years of collecting (or, a naked one from fear of accessorizing) can be daunting. Statement jewelry is it for fall, and no time better to get the look than right now with what you have at hand. Here’s how to wear big jewelry and look like you mean it!
Get Inspired this season with Statement Jewelry from Lanvin Fall 2013:
Statement Jewelry (aka that’s in your face gorgeous) has been making a splash over many a runway over the past few fashion cycles, and Lanvin’s super-sized crystal and paste baubles should have you dreaming of going big for spring.
Finishing off diva ready grab like those seen on the runway or not, the idea of adding a glitzy, glimmery array of luminous gems is a smart way to rejuvenate favorite spring/summer looks as you pull them to the front of your wardrobe.
And best of all you get to have fun with experimentation that when done well, will have you looking in-step with the trends and uber-chic.
>>DISCOVER: Complete Fall 2013 Fashion Coverage
A nude top looks less naive with a chunky choker and palm sized bee broach, above.
Layered chains punctuated with a literal stamp of ‘cool’ are at the same time elegant and quite contemporary. They bring with them a playful spin on references of all types.
Take part in the fun with these style tips in mind:
- More is more with this trend, but note that at Lanvin, it works because each piece adds up to a collective, with similar motifs repeated
- Look for pieces that while opulent and OTT (Over-the-Top), are most importantly age-appropriate -no plastics, no brights hues, think gems! Big ones!
- While you pile away with abandon, remember to pair your jewels with minimal finds, classic silhouettes, and refined finishes. Think about adding glamour to even the plainest of black tee’s, instantly…
- Quirky pieces are fun and suggest a lust for life, and luckily, you can place them anywhere this time around. Think about boosting a simple top with a well-placed, oversized brooch
- If you don’t have anything large, wear a collection of related small pieces to create big impact.
How big is BIG for you? Share your top three statement jewelry tips in the comments below….
>> SHOP: Try these modern statement jewelry pieces on for size….
Photos: Lanvin viaPublished on April 09, 2013