Red carpet hairstyle tips: Easy, breezy hair is the perfect compliment to a done-up cocktail dress
I love Kristen Stewart’s modernity when it comes to her edgy individual style!
It all about the contrasts that makes this red carpet look personal… The embellished white dress that she wore to the “Twilight Eclipse” premiere in Los Angeles could get a bit heavy (read: old) with fussy hair. A heavy dress and overly done hair is an instant way to add unwanted years to your appearance, even if you are are a starlet!
Instead of a pairing the ornately embellished Elie Saab dress with a super coiffed hairstyle for the red carpet, Kristen sported a more casual, easy breezy ageless updo that kept the look fresh and modern— a point that should be noted for ladies even old enough to be her mom!
“For Kristen, I wanted to pull the hair up and away from her face to accentuate her natural beauty and bone structure” says her go-to hairstylist Adir Abergel of Frederic Fekkai who was inspired by a soft take on the 1950’s pompadour to create this look
Try Kristen’s hairstyle at home with Adir’s styling tips:
- Start by applying the Fekkai Full Blown Volume™ Styling Whip at the roots throughout the hair.
- Using a round brush, blow dry the hair away from the face, and place it in pin curls.
- Allow the hair to cool before removing the pin curls.
- Style the hair by hand raking the hair into a side pompadour securing with with pins.
- To shape the face, pull a few pieces in front.
- To secure the look, apply Fekkai Coiff™ Sheer Hold Hairspray for all night hold.
So simple and chic that you may even want to try this hair look off the red carpet with your favorite maxi dress this summer. Don’t you just love it?
Take a look at Kristen’s Stewart’s hair from different angles: