Marilyn Monroe beyond skin deep… does the fascination ever die?
We find this piece of trivia rather amazing. Sex kittens from Madonna to Lindsay Lohan have all done their best to pay homage to Marilyn Monroe, but you cannot top this fan-atic bit of pop history.
Keep this tidbit in mind in case you ever think you may become uber famous and want your scion to prosper or you’re gearing up for an episode of “Hoarders.”
The highly publicized set of three Marilyn Monroe X-ray’s from a 1954 visit to Cedars of Lebanon Hospital sold for a record, drum roll please… $45,000! The pre-sale estimate on each X-ray was $800 – $1,200.
It was at Julien’s Auctions highly anticipated auction of Hollywood Legend’s where there were some other bits of Hollywood memorabilia up for grabs, including
- Marilyn Monroe’s Chair from Last Photo-shoot – Sold For: $35,000
- Audrey Hepburn Dress Worn in “Funny Face” – Sold For: $56,250
- Cher / Bob Mackie Designed Gown Worn on March 9, 1975 of the “The Cher Show” – Sold For: $26,250
- Cher / Bob Mackie Designed Gown for her Living Proof Farewell Tour – Sold For: $30,000
- Christopher Reeves Superman VI Costume – $32,500
- Kate Winslet Earrings Worn In “Titanic” – Sold For: $25,000
- Frank Sinatra Gifted 18K Gold Cigarette Case to Mia Farrow – Sold For: $16,250
Frankly, we would have gone for Audrey Hepburn’s dress… next time.
Photo: Julien’s Auctions