Frederic Fekkai shows you how to create hairstyles that emphasize texture
Top hair trends, The Dry Look vs The Wet Look. Which textured style works for you?
Frederic Fekkai in partnership with the CFDA / VOGUE Fashion Fund is the host of the L.A. Runway Show for the 2009 Designer Finalists– we have the backstage tips to get these two hot runway hair trends.
Frederic Fekkai’s lead stylist, Renato Campora created two signature hair styles with an emphasis on texture. Renato shares his styling tips with FocusOnStyle readers so you can try the looks on your own.
Brushes up. On your mark. Style on…
The first hair look is a modern, angelic take on a tousled, bohemian style. It’s dramatic, yet romantic and very wearable.
Hair is full and voluminous with an airy soft texture that allows for movement as you walk. Pieces are left in front to frame the face and accentuate the jewelry shown in the collections.
To achieve The Dry Look:
– Apply Fekkai COIFF™ Strong Hold Mousse to damp hair and scrunch with fingers as you blow dry completely to create the wild texture.
– Wrap hair in big sections around twist-ties (fabric curling rods) to create volume at the roots and soft curl for movement.
– Tease hair at the roots using a fine comb, and apply Fekkai Au Naturel Powder Clean Dry Shampoo to add thickness and extra structure, but no weight.
– Pin the sides to the back of the head and secure with bobby pins.
– To secure height at the crown, finish with a fine mist of Fekkai Full Blown Volume Lifting Hairspray.