The textured bob… celebrity style hair.
The bob hairstyle is back with a bang (or without, depending on your preference, lol).
We wanted you to know how to get the look so it’s free and Leave it to the instinctive genius of actress Cate Blanchett to take a risk and cut off six inches on the day of the 2016 Oscar ceremony to don a fresh, modern textured bob. And good news is you can too with expert tips from the man who styled her mane himself.
>>MORE: Oscar Fashion 2016
WHO | Cate Blanchett
HAIR BY | Wella Professionals Stylist Robert Vetica
LOOK | A fresh, modern textured bob that’s certain to flatter a variety of face shapes for many an occasion
INSPIRATION | Cate Blanchett stunned fans while appearing on the red carpet with her freshly cut bob. Her simple, elegant waves combined with a beautiful textured style completed the look which was inspired by the iconic photographer Lillian Bassman whose photographs exude innovation and elegance with cutting edge fashion. This was refreshing and stood out during the time of the 40’s and 50’s when total femininity and elegance lived in full splendor. Wella Professionals stylist Robert Vetica and Cate discussed the bold decision of cutting her hair the day of the Oscars for quite some time. “This is one of the reasons I love this woman so much! I mean who cuts their hair the day of? She is bold and makes her regal presence known,” says Robert.
STEP BY STEP |
- Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair using to help hydrate, nourish and strengthen hair.
- Next, apply Wella Professionals EIMI Perfect Setting Blowdry Lotion to add strength and hold.
- Next, section the hair into two parts and apply Wella Professionals EIMI Thermal Image to create volume and natural movement.
- Next, curl each section with a 1 inch curling iron, just to give the hair bend.
- Quickly, set each section with a velcro roller at a diagonal angle away from the face and spray withWella Professionals EIMI Stay Essential Finishing Spray.
- Allow the rollers to stay in 45 minutes then remove and gently brush through the curls and use the blow dryer to help loosen the set.
- Finish the look with Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Essential Finishing Spray to ensure the final results last.