Fashion Tips: What to wear and still look professional when having dinner with a client
We found a lost episode! Ok, you figured out what to wear to a job interview and now you have the job.
No time better than the present to help you dress for an important business dinner. Sometimes, it’s easier to be casual and trendy but when it comes to hitting the mark and still looking fashionable, stylish AND professional, it can be difficult. You want to look classic and polished, yet take it up a notch for a business dinner or dining with with a big client.
Our FocusOnStyle Impromptu Madness video co-hosts Sharon & Brad are giddy with the right type of glam tips to help you look like a modern business woman without looking like Shirley Slutina or dowdy and rigid. Don’t mind Brad, he’s having “a moment”… indulge him and have some fun!
WATCH: What’s Appropriate to Wear to Business Dinner- Impromptu Madness with Sharon Haver and Brad Boles, Episode 31
>> MORE: Impromptu Madness with Sharon Haver & Brad Boles
Video tips include:
- Why you don’t want to be perceived as “coming on” to the guys by dressing provocatively.
- How you should shine in a professional light as being professional and powerful rather than looking like a ditzy girl.
- You don’t want to dress too aggressively and tough.
- It’s key to look like you are in control, but not rigid.
- Never wear anything that’s too revealing- you want them to focus on what you say, not your cleavage.
- An A-line skirt that is around knee length or a skirt that isn’t too tight or overly feminine and full is the best choice.
Brad has a thing for peeptoe pumps for a feminine, yet still professional edge.
- Sharon likes any shoe that gives you a nice leg line without looking like you can’t walk in them!
- Do spice up your look from the office by wearing the right accent of elegant jewelry.
- But, avoid overly clunky jewelry that takes the focus off you, like clanking bracelets and swinging earrings.
- Dress for what is seen above the table when seated- flattering colors and nice details.
- Do check your coat any package that you don’t need at the coat check.
Keep your annoying habits at home:
- Have a strong handshake- there is nothing worse than shaking the hand of a dead fish.
- Don’t fix your lipstick at the table.
- Put your phone on vibrate or turn it off.
- Don’t text or constantly fidget with your phone.
- Never have more than one or two drinks.
- And, Brad says never to eat bar peanuts because who knows what germs are in them! Geez…
We pulled some interesting pieces as ideas of what would be appropriate to wear at a business dinner:
Sharon is wearing a See by Chloe sweater with a Maison Martin Margiela “hairy” T-shirt, her own of course!