It is absolutely critical that you uphold your professional image even if it’s just for show.
When your face and brand is being seen you must step into your star power and represent. The show must go on!
Both sides have to look the part in order to have a comfortable, enjoyable, and professional experience. Stage interviews, Q&A panels, podcasts, radio interviews, and other live streams all have an audience that came to see a show, so you must show up like you mean it!
Being frequently booked for shows, I’ve picked up a few pointers to help other professionals or entrepreneurs with conduct during an interview
1) Smile as if nothing is wrong– if there are times when your interviewer is not stepping up to the plate, or being a good host, you have to smiling and talk as if nothing is wrong. Remain a professional during these times.
2) Give good answers – People are looking at you and they actually care about what you have to say. Give your best answer while smiling to the camera.
3) Represent your brand– Get the job done while standing in your expertise, or your brand.
FocusOnStyle Quick Tip Videos with Sharon Haver are on the go (unedited, undone, real life) one take, one minute videos designed to help you elevate your business, life and style each day. For the QuickTips Video Library, click here.
- Reinvention Advice to have a relevant personal brand so your small business doesn’t fall behind!
- Personal Branding 101- How your personal brand is more than you think it is
- Savvy Business Radio Interview – Style Tips for Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners
- Quick Tip Video: Why showing up in the power of success at a business event matters